about Marc cook
Initially, Marc Cook was a law clerk for George Kelesis from 1988 to 1992. This position included legal research as well as trial assistance. Thereafter, after graduating law school Mr. Cook was an associate attorney at the law firm of Gentile, Porter & Kelesis practicing primarily in the area of civil litigation.
From January 1993 through June of 1997, Mr. Cook was an associate in the law firm of Cherry, Bailus & Kelesis. Mr. Cook practiced primarily in the area of civil litigation, business and contract law.
From July 1997 through August 2005, Mr. Cook was a senior partner in the law firm of Cook & Kelesis/Marc P. Cook & Associates. Mr. Cook’s practice continued in the area of civil litigation as well as business and contract law.
Thereafter, in August of 2005, the law firm of Marc P. Cook & Associates merged with the law firm of Bailus Kelesis, Ltd. To form Bailus Cook & Kelesis, Ltd. Mr. Cook continued to devote the primary time of his practice to civil litigation, business and contract law.
Mr. Cook is admitted to practice in all Courts for the State of Nevada, in the United State District Court, District of Nevada as well as the Supreme Court in the State of Nevada.
Mr. Cook is an experienced Trial Attorney who has recorded multimillion dollar verdicts and also negotiated many successful settlements.
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California, Juris Doctor, 1992
- University Nevada, Las Vegas
- Background Information: Born: Ridgewood, NJ, October 15, 1965
- Order of Barristers, Deans List, Who’s Who Among Students in America Universities & Colleges
- Paul Wildham Academic Scholarship
- Wiche Scholarship
- Who’s Who Among International Business
- Dean’s List
- Nevada Trial Lawyers Association – 1994-Present
- Member of Multi Million Dollar Advocate Forum
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- National Trial Lawyers – 2018-
- 2000 – Personal Injury Settlements in Nevada: Practical Methods for Perfecting the Settlement of a Claim
- 2001 – Planning and Preparing for Trial
- 2002 – How to Litigate Your First Civil Trial in Nevada
- 2003 – How to Litigate Your First Civil Trial in Nevada
- 2004 – Medical Records for Nevada Attorneys
- 2004 – Advanced Personal Injury Procedures in Nevada for the Experienced Litigation Paralegal
- 2005 – Civil Trial From Start to Finish: A Practical Approach to Trying a Civil Case in Nevada
- 2006 – Winning Your First Civil Trial
- 2007 – Art of Settlement
- 2005-2006 – Adjunct Professor at the Community College of Southern Nevada
Marc P. Cook
Primarily practicing in the areas of complex civil litigation, business litigation, contracts, commercial, entertainment, insurance defense, insurance disputes, arbitration, mediation, alternative dispute resolution, landlord/tenant, real estate, personal injury, appellate, incorporation/resident agent, including all levels of the Nevada District Court, United States District Court, United States Supreme Court, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
George P. Kelesis
Primarily practicing in the areas of white collar criminal defense, tax matters, complex civil litigation, business litigation, contracts, commercial matters, incorporation/ resident agent, estate planning, probate/wills/trusts, tax, wills and trusts contests, federal income tax, inheritance gift tax, State tax, tax litigation, including the levels of the District Court United States District Court, United States Supreme Court, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and U.S. Tax Court.
Primarily practicing in the areas of civil litigation, probate/wills/trusts/ wills and trusts contests, personal injury, arbitration, mediation, alternative dispute resolution, collection, including the levels of the District Court, United States District Court, United States Supreme Court, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Ms. Janssen’s primary practice area is health care law as she helps health care providers and businesses navigate the web of complex regulations governing the industry. Ms. Janssen represents clients on matters involving credentialing and retention of privileges, professional licensing, investigations, administrative proceedings before regulatory agencies, payor audits, employment and independent contractor agreements, structuring business organizations, medical records, and leases. She understands the Nevada and Federal Stark, Anti-Kickback, False Claims, and HIPAA laws, and counsels clients on the applicability of those laws to various health care transactions.